Tuesday 5 January 2010

Kathy's Birthday

I said that I had made 2 cards with the rose stamp and here is the second.


I was going to use the rose as the decoupaged piece on my mom's card but discovered that I hadn't stamped the whole rose. A very happy accident as it looks stunning as a corner. So I coloured it with Twinks and then stamped a swirl from another of Sheena's theme plates using Lightning Black (a Brilliance inkpad). The greeting is one from my stash, stamped and embossed using Versafine and clear EP like the rose.

After more than 3 years of playing with my Twinks I finally have it mastered. I have always struggled with shading, however, I painted a base layer of Rose Petal all over the petals and then went round the edge with Cherry Blossom (I think). I then used my slightly damp brush the blend the hard lines away and I am over the moon with the results. Yay me!

1 comment: