Sunday 28 March 2010

Sparkly Thomas

Well good afternoon. It's been a hard slog today getting anything done. I worked a late shift last night and because the clocks went forward I effectively didn't get to bed 'til 2am. Yes the boys let me have a lie in but I am still absolutely shattered.

I coloured this cutie pie in the other evening and just couldn't wait to get him on a card. I am so pleased with how he turned out. He is Thomas from Lili of the Valley and I coloured him with Promarkers. I stickled the flowers and used glitter card for the layering.

Here is a close up of the sparkle.

The paper is Hot Off The Press and picked the colours from the image perfectly, I thought. I hadn't got any cord or twine to use for the buttons, so I improvised and used Mizuhiki cord. Worked quite well, don't you think? The sentiment is from the Lilac Lemon Designs clear stamp set.

I would like to enter this card into 3 challenges.
Challenge 1. Simon Says - Easter or Spring with Glimmer
Challenge 2. Creative Cottage - Sparkle
Challenge 3. LOTV - Sketch

Thanks for visiting my blog.

6 comments:

  1. oh He is a cutie!!! and he is coloured just perfect..a lovely card
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, gorgeous sparkle!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Beckie :-) I love this image and the colours you used are lovely ,,,,, perfect papers and embellies too :-) I love this card ! :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, such a sweet image. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card and wonderful take on our sketch Beckie,your image and colour combo are adorable. Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous honey, love the image you have chosen, great take on the sketch too, thanks for joining us at "LOTV Challenge" big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete